Special Care for your special petsPaws and Whiskers has been designed with your pet in mind
Cat Accommodation - Cattery
At Paws & Whiskers in Brisbane we know and love cats! We know they can be fussy – some like lots of attention while others like to be left alone. We cater for all your cat’s needs and more!
Our cattery is architecturally designed to meet stringent veterinarian standards and is purpose built to provide the utmost cleanliness and comfort for your special pet.
- Designed to meet the most stringent veterinary requirements
- Four purpose built wings with individual air-conditioning
- This feature means that if we have any health concerns in one wing we can isolate that wing and prevent contamination across wings.
- Airy and comfortable units
- Our units have an upstairs and downstairs with a ramp for your cat to climb and exercise
- All units have a sunny window for long afternoon snoozes
- For older cats that can no longer climb we have special ground floor units where they can lounge in the sun
- All units have solid sides so there is no physical contact with other cats in residence
- Scratch poles: Because we have such a high concern for our furry friend’s health and welfare we do not provide scratch poles. It is impossible to keep them clean and we do not want cross contamination between guests
- You are most welcome to bring along your own scratch pole which will remain with your cat in their unit.
- We have an outside exercise area for cats which is fully enclosed and netted – we offer 20 minutes of one-on-one supervision with a staff member and it is $15.00 per family
- Luxury suites are available for your special pet and have an additional enclosed sunroom with comfortable furniture
Vaccinations, Medications, Fleas and Ticks, and Worming:
- If your cat is an outside cat we ask that you check them over carefully for ticks prior to admission. We will also check them regularly for ticks providing your kitty will allow us to do so
- At Paws & Whiskers, for your cat’s protection, we require a current feline enteritis and cat flu vaccination. Bring this certificate along with you at check-in.
- We will happily give your cat their medications. Please make sure that the medications are clearly labelled with your pet's name, the dose and frequency
- If your cat becomes ill and needs to see a vet, we will take them to your vet if they are available, otherwise we have access to a vet on-call 24/7
- Vet charges are the responsibility of the owner
- At Paws & Whiskers, we use only the highest quality food for our cats – Advance super premium dry food for breakfast and their choice of canned food or fresh meat and fish in the evening
- If your cat has a special veterinary diet we are happy to cater to their needs. As these foods are by prescription only by your vet, you will need to supply them. You may bring in their own special food for us to give to them at meal times, but please pack them in separate meal time containers and label them with your pet's name
- Please feel free to chat with us about your cat’s dietary needs
- Breakfast is served in the cats suites at 7am and is fully supervised
- Cattery quarters are cleaned following breakfast and beds are made with fresh blankets
- If your cat likes cuddles they receive oodles while cleaning is in progress
- Dinner is at 5pm