Special Care for your special petsPaws and Whiskers has been designed with your pet in mind
Our Dog Kennels
At Paws & Whiskers Boarding Kennels we love animals and it is our pleasure to make your dog’s stay with us in Brisbane, both happy and enjoyable. Our kennels are architectually designed to meet stringent veterinarian standards and are purpose built to provide the utmost cleanliness and comfort for your special pet.
We are environmentally friendly and use only treated dam water for cleaning and bathing purposes. In consideration of our neighbours we have a purpose built garden bank for noise reduction.
If your pet is an escape artist you have no worries! There are four security gates between your dog and the outside world – your special pet is safe and secure at Paws & Whiskers.
- We know that smaller dogs can sometimes feel uncomfortable around the big dogs so they have their own special kennels away from the big dogs
- All our kennels have an indoor and an outdoor sheltered area which is warm in winter and cool in summer
- Our beds are warm, cosy and raised off the ground
- We have lots of blankets and toys for your pet
- There is a large grassed area where your dog can play and exercise one-on-one with a staff member
- If your dog suffers from separation anxiety we make sure they have extra special attention and cuddles
- Erin (the owner) lives on site and is always available to attend to your special pets needs
Vaccinations, Medications, Fleas and Ticks, Worming:
- For your dog’s protection, we require a current C4 and Bordetella vaccination. Bring this certificate along with you at check-in
- As our kennel is tick and flea free, a check-in bath ($20.00) is required to prevent any dog accidentally bringing those parasites into the complex
- SE Qld is a high tick area and it is important to use flea and tick preventative medications at home. To make doubly sure that your special pet is safe from fleas and ticks while staying with us, we give them a check-in bath with all natural FIDO products, specifically designed to kill fleas and paralysis ticks. You can rest assured that ALL dogs in our kennels are flea and tick free
- We also have Advantix available at the RRP
- If tapeworms, hookworms or roundworms are detected, your dog will be treated with the appropriate medications (there is an additional charge depending on weight)
- We will happily give your dog their heartworm medication (if it is due) and any other medications they need while you are away
- Please make sure that their medications are clearly labelled with your name, dose and frequency
Large Dog Kennels
Small Dog Kennels
- If your dog becomes ill while staying with us and needs to see a vet, we will take them to your vet if they are available, otherwise we have access to a vet on-call 24/7
- Vet charges are the responsibility of the owner
- Following your dog's check-in bath to prevent fleas and ticks, your dog will receive a complimentary check-out bath (free)
- We use only the highest quality food for our dogs – Advance super premium dry food, chicken loaf, meat and vegetable loaf and canned food
- If your dog is on a special veterinary diet, we are happy to cater to their needs. As these foods are by prescription only by your vet, you will need to supply them. You may also bring in their own special food or treats for us to give to them at meal times, but please make sure that it is packed in serving sizes and clearly named with your pet's name
- Please feel free to chat to us about your dog’s dietary needs
- Breakfast is served in your dog’s accommodation at 7am and is fully supervised
- Quarters are cleaned following breakfast and beds are made with fresh blankets
- During the morning or afternoon your dog can have one-on-one doggie playtime and exercise
- Once the kennels are closed at 5pm, the dogs are tucked into bed with a snack to help settle them
Exercise and Playtime:
- Your pet can have 20 minutes of one-on-one doggie playtime with a staff member per day ($15 extra) This charge is per session, so if you have two or more dogs in your family the fee remains at $15.00 for all the dogs to play together. For the safety of your pets, they are never left in the large grassed areas unattended, so they have the complete attention of a staff member for that period of time.
Doggie Day Care:
- If you are away during the day your four-legged friend can stay with us while you are at work or play in Brisbane!